Re: [Orgmode] how to customize (inactive) timestamp textual format

From: Stefano Zacchiroli
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] how to customize (inactive) timestamp textual format
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:00:28 +0200

[ quoted text re-ordered ]

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 02:30:28PM -0400, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Just in case it's not clear already :-) I personally don't think it's
> worth it (but I am a marginal voice at best.) What might be worth it is

Yes, that is pretty clear :), but thanks for reinstating.
Since, I find a couple of non-sequitur in your reasoning belows; I
follow-up just for the sake of the argument.

> ... and others can see this thread in the mailing list and follow suit.
> Or they can use the info doc (section 1.1, "Summary") to find the org
> website and follow the link to Worg. Or they can ask on the list. And

No, they can't, *while they are offline*.

> once they know how to get there, there will be no need for another
> documentation blob to land on *everybody's* disk. Besides, if they can't

That is not really a sound counter argument: most GNU-Emacs
distributions are package based and can easily split out -doc packages
to avoid wasting space on *everybody's* disk.

> find it in one of those ways, what makes you think that they will be able
> to find it even if it is on their disk?

Well, the Emacs help system is *very* powerful: once you entered a
specific info topic, you can C-s and it will look for text in all the
documentation; I would have personally found the information without
bothering the list, had it been there.

Cheers.

address@hidden,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} -<>- http://upsilon.cc/zack/