Re: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Org-babel integrated into Org-mode

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Org-babel integrated into Org-mode
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:42:27 -0700

Hi Nathan,

Nathan Neff <address@hidden> writes:

> I checked out the latest org mode, and I'm getting "Symbol's function
> definition is void: second"
>
> I ran git-bisect, and the error was introduced with the merge of
> org-babel into the main
> branch.

Part of merging into Org-mode (and meeting the Emacs code standards)
meant that Org-babel had to stop requiring the 'cl library which
provides the `second' function.  There's a good editorial on this issue
available online [1] (published from an org-mode file).

I would recommend that you either
1) add (require 'cl) to your personal configuration
2) add (require 'cl) to the top of the emacs-lisp code block
3) or make the following replacements in the code block
   - (second shortcut-def) -> (nth 1 shortcut-def)
   - (third shortcut-def) -> (nth 2 shortcut-def)

Hope this helps, let me know if problems persist.

Best -- Eric

Footnotes:
[1]  http://dto.github.com/notebook/require-cl.html#sec-8