Re: [Orgmode] AutOrg, and practice of GTD in a group

From: Jason McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] AutOrg, and practice of GTD in a group
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:21:36 -0400

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Hellekin O. Wolf <address@hidden> wrote:
> *** So you do maintain multiple NEXT actions per project?

Butting in on this, since I GTD with org-mode, and think the autorg
site is kind of neat, I do maintain multiple NEXT actions per project.
The caveat is that they must meet the following conditions:

1. Be independent of each other
2. All be currently doable in terms of resources and dependencies
3. Be feasible to get done before the next weekly review

Having more than one NEXT action on a project lets you move a project
forward even when you don't have the time/energy for one of them. The
caveat is that you can't let it become a to-do list. That's what #3 is
meant to avoid.

I struggle with this, but for me it's mainly a result of having too
many projects, so limiting myself to one next action on a project
wouldn't be that helpful.

--
Jason F. McBrayer
http://jfm.carcosa.net/