[Orgmode] Re: Behavior of Gnus when called from an hyperlink

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Behavior of Gnus when called from an hyperlink
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 12:19:53 +0200

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>
writes:

Hi Sébastien,

> - a new frame is opened
>
>   Besides that I more or less hate frames, it becomes annoying when
>   used in my StumpWM config: I now have *two* Emacs full screen, and I
>   loose my "single window of control" view.

That's because the default value of org-link-frame-setup prefers a new
frame.  Dunno if that's a good default.  It's more Macish than
Emacsish...

So I use that config:

(setq org-link-frame-setup '((vm   . vm-visit-folder)
                             (gnus . org-gnus-no-new-news)
                             (file . find-file-other-window)))

> - a new buffer is opened (group where the mail belongs to), but it
>   takes ages (in minutes) for the mail to be found and opened -- when it
>   is.

Hm, what backend do you use?

I've just tried it with a nntp group and linked a very old message.
When I follow that link, I'm at the right article in less than a second.

Do you deactivate some of Gnus caches or NOV files?  That could slow
down mail access quite a bit.

Bye,
Tassilo