Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] Org-babel integrated into Org-mode

From: Christopher Witte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] Org-babel integrated into Org-mode
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 13:32:29 +0200

I'm having trouble getting the new version of babel to work with
haskell and R under Ubuntu 10.04 using emacs-snapshot.  It works fine
for emacs-lisp.  I had to change the variable LISPF in the Makefile
to:

LISPF      =    org.el                          \
                babel/ob.el                     \
                babel/ob-table.el               \
                babel/ob-lob.el                 \
                babel/ob-ref.el                 \
                babel/ob-exp.el                 \
                babel/ob-tangle.el              \
                babel/ob-comint.el              \
                babel/ob-keys.el                \
                babel/langs/ob-emacs-lisp.el    \
                babel/langs/ob-haskell.el       \
                babel/langs/ob-latex.el \
                babel/langs/ob-sh.el    \
                babel/langs/ob-asymptote.el     \
                babel/langs/ob-R.el     \
                babel/langs/ob-gnuplot.el

otherwise I couldn't compile my .emacs file, which contains the following:

(require 'org-install)

;;(require 'org)
;;(require 'ob)
;;(require 'ob-tangle)
;; org-babel set up
(require 'ob-haskell)
(require 'ob-latex)
(require 'ob-sh)
(require 'ob-asymptote)
(require 'ob-R)
(require 'ob-gnuplot)

The following works fine:
          #+tblname: example-table
          | 1 |
          | 2 |
          | 3 |
          | 4 |

          #+source: table-length
          #+begin_src emacs-lisp  :var table=example-table
          (length table)
          #+end_src

          #+results: table-length
          : 4

But when I try the haskell equivalent:
          #+source: table-length
          #+begin_src haskell  :var table=example-table
          length table
          #+end_src

I get:
executing haskell source code block
reference 'example-table' not found in this buffer
org-babel-ref-resolve-reference: reference 'example-table' not found
in this buffer

If I try:
          #+source: table-length
          #+begin_src haskell
          length [1,2,3]
          #+end_src

I get:
executing haskell source code block
org-babel-execute:haskell: Symbol's function definition is void: session

I also get a lot of warnings when I compile org-mode, see the attached
buiild log.

Thanks for your help,

Chris Witte.