[Orgmode] Re: latex export and booktabs tables

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: latex export and booktabs tables
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:14:01 +0200

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>> Carsten Dominik wrote:

>>> This looks like a great solution to me.
>>
>> It does look great to me as well. Just a request on the wish-list: could
>> the table environment be made a parameter (so that we can choose between
>> tabular, tabular*, etc.)?
>
> Sure, my thinking was that it may be more natural to use the environment
> type as the function name (allowing more concise function calls). Also, that
> way if there are some arguments that only make sense for particular
> environment (I'm not sure that there are) then it would be easy to customize
> the functions on a per-environment bases.

I think your argumentation is persuasive. Maybe that's better to do so, if we
want to avoid subtle differences between environments.

> But if these environments are all pretty similar
> - tabular*
> - booktabs
> - longtable
> - tablex
> - array
> then I guess one single function is the way to go.

As said, maybe stay on your initial point of view. Have different functions
for different environments.

> I'll add this to the library-of-babel.org in
> contrib/babel/library-of-babel.org and please feel free to play around with
> the function definition.

I'll clearly commit to do it, on a "on need" basis. As soon as I add
something, this will be made publicly available, for review and comments.

> This file lives in the contrib directory to encourage user participation --
> in fact maybe the library-of-babel.org (or a copy) should move to Worg.

Thanks,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban