Re: [Orgmode] org-iswitchb documentation

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-iswitchb documentation
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:26:57 +0200

On Jun 28, 2010, at 2:26 PM, Stephen Eglen wrote:

Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

I think this is actually a bug.  Since the command is called ...-
iswitchb,
I am sure the intention was to use iswitchbe. Later, when we added ido
support as well, the function was rewritten using
org-icompleting-read, and in this way the iswitchb support was lost.

How about the following solution:

Check if either of org-completion-use-\(ido\|iswitchb\) is set. If not,
bind org-completion-use-iswitchb around the call to org-icompleting-
read.

Ok, now that makes a lot more sense!  I wondered why the
'out-of-the-box' behaviour didn't show iswitchb like behaviour.

THe doc string now reads:

  "Use `org-icompleting-read' to prompt for an Org buffer to switch to.
With a prefix argument, restrict available to files.
With two prefix arguments, restrict available buffers to agenda files.

This will either use ido or iswitchb for buffer name completion,
depending on the variables `org-completion-use-iswitchb' and
`org-completion-use-ido'.  If both are nil, we will still use iswitchb
for this special application."

Agreed?

- Carsten