Re: [Orgmode] [org-babel] Does org-babel needs some simplification?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [org-babel] Does org-babel needs some simplification?
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:07:21 -0700

Hi Erik,

Erik Iverson <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
> I have not used it for Python, but for R coding I've found it
> incredibly intuitive.  However, that might be because R has long
> supported literate programming through Sweave, complete with noweb
> syntax and code tangling.

Speaking of the Sweave/Babel relation, I've recently re-worked an
existing Sweave tutorial into babel.  See the last section of
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/uses.php#foo

> I personally don't think it's too complex.  One thing that could help
> is a gentle introduction written by users of each language that babel
> supports.

Yes, I couldn't agree more that this would be very helpful.

> I have started something like that with R already on my blog, see
> http://blogisticreflections.wordpress.com/2010/05/23/introduction-to-using-r-with-org-babel-part-1/

That's great! I would love to link to your article perhaps as part of a
revamped series of language-specific Org-babel documentation and
demonstrations on Worg.

Cheers -- Eric