Re: [Orgmode] Fix: org-mobile-push results in byte-code: Wrong type argu

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Fix: org-mobile-push results in byte-code: Wrong type argument: listp, "TODO"
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 06:23:33 +0200

On Jun 30, 2010, at 12:40 AM, Sven Bretfeld wrote:

Hi Torsten, hi all

I experience multiple error messages of the form (wrong-type-argument:
listp \.\.\.) since some weeks. That was around the time when I changed
my old:

(setq org-todo-keywords
'((type "NEXT(n)" "WAITING(w)" "DELEGATED(l)" "DEFERRED(f)" "REGULAR(r)" "APPT(a)" "RESV(v)" "DONE(d)" "CANCELLED(c)")))

into

(setq org-todo-keywords
     '((type "NEXT(n)" "WAITING(w)" "DELEGATED(l)" "DEFERRED(f)"
     "REGULAR(r)" "APPT(a)" "RESV(v)" "|" "DONE(d)" "CANCELLED(c)")))

I don't know if this is related but it's annoying. I have several not
org-related error messages since some time and I don't know where they
come from.

For example, I get "wrong-number-of-arguments: called-interactively-p,
1" whenever I visit a tex-file. The buffer is, then, opened but not
selected.

Make a backtrace!

- Carsten

Greetings,

Sven

Torsten Wagner <address@hidden> writes:

Hi all,
this problem was described by Xin already some monthes ago. Following
the thread, the solution was to remove the customisation of the variable
"org-todo-keywords".

Today, I faced the exact same problem. Removing seems not the correct
solution to me so I searched around in the org-manual.
To my surprise I found the following example:

(setq org-todo-keywords
'((sequence "TODO" "FEEDBACK" "VERIFY" "|" "DONE" "DELEGATED")))

whereas in my init file I used simply

(setq org-todo-keywords
      '("TODO" "STARTED" "WAITING" "DONE"))

I changed my lines according to the manual and now org-mobile-push works
without any problem. I wasn't able to track down whether the
org-todo-keyword variable changed recently and I used an old definition or why I customised it in this "simple" resp. wrong way. Surprisingly,
this didn't effect the TODO states mechanism in org-mode itself. They
work as desired with the old customisation.

Just thought I let you know, maybe some people fight or will fight with
the same problem.

Bye

Torsten