Re: [Orgmode] mobileorg - "No executable found to compute checksums"

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] mobileorg - "No executable found to compute checksums"
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 12:21:38 -0400

Buck Brody <address@hidden> wrote:

> Nick, thanks for your help.  Unfortunately, when I try to save my
> customization (~/other/sha1sum.exe), I get the following message:
>
> Symbol's value as variable is void: ~/other/sha1sum\.exe

I have no idea why that would be: the type of the variable is string, so
why anything is trying to interpret it as a symbol is beyond me. The
backslash before the period is also suspicious, but I don't see how it
would cause this problem. All I can suggest is:

      o try again carefully.
      o find somebody around who can help.

Alternatively, you can add this to your .emacs:

    (setq org-mobile-checksum-binary "~/other/sha1sum.exe")

Make sure that that is placed *after* you load any customization file
(or make sure that you erase any customization for this variable: click
on State and select "Erase customization").

HTH,
Nick