Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: #+ATTR_LaTeX broken in LaTeX export [6.36trans (r

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: #+ATTR_LaTeX broken in LaTeX export [6.36trans (release_6.36.461.g798e)]
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 00:22:16 +0200

I don't know about #+BEGIN_changemargin (but as far as I understand,
it's coming from org-exp-blocks and should be handled during
preprocess-hook, so it is beyond the scope of this patch).

There is some design choice involved here. Until recently, there was a
catch-all function called org-export-handle-comments that was called
at the end of the export process and removed any line starting with
a #. It was certainly useful, but made things hard to debug : had
the #+ATTR_LaTeX line been misinterpreted or just silently deleted ?

At the moment, org-export-handle-comments only handles... comments.
But everything that is not comments has to be taken care of somewhere
else. For example, org-export-attach-captions-and-attributes
deletes #+CAPTIONS and #+ATTR_backend in the process, and
org-export-select-backend-specific-text deletes #+backend
and #+ATTR_backend not used (that's what my patch do, actually).

If you want to apply my patch (v. 2), we have to define a function to
remove #+TBLFM and #+TBLNAME lines because there is none at the
moment. It could be org-export-special-table-lines but it doesn't look
like it's the purpose of that function.

Otherwise, you can just ignore the patch and bring back the full power
to org-export-handle-comments.

I personally prefer avoiding do-it-all functions. But I'm not a
maintainer.

Regards,

-- Nicolas