Re: [Orgmode] [BABEL] html export for R not working, but for sh and othe

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [BABEL] html export for R not working, but for sh and others
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 08:55:25 -0700

Hi Rainer,

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to export the attached test.org file to HTML, but I can only
> export it, when I change the source block language to anything different
> from R.
>
> I also attach my emacs.org file, but I am not doing any customisations to R.

I've just started up a minimal Emacs instance and loaded the babel
portion of your attached config, but I am able to export your attached
org file w/o error.  A couple of questions.

1) are you able to export to latex?  If so, then maybe the issue has to
   do with fontification of R code by htmlize-buffer

2) could you send in the actual error being reported by Emacs, or a
   stack trace?

> In addition: if I specify :session *R* in #:BABEL: , the code is
> evaluated, even though I specified :exports code. Is this intended?

Yes, this is for Sweave like behavior.

If you have a session specified for every block in the buffer, and you
are exporting the buffer, there are cases when you need a block to be
executed (e.g. because it sets the value of a variable used by a
subsequent block) even though you *do not* want the results of the block
included in the final document.  To support these use cases, on export
every block with a session is executed so that it's effects on the
persist session takes place.

Cheers -- Eric