[Orgmode] Re: FEATURE FREEZE, for a short time

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: FEATURE FREEZE, for a short time
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:00:01 -0700

[...]
> P.S.  Eric and Dan, please decide yourself how to get to
> a good and stable state in this time frame, babel integration
> is by far the biggest thing in this release.

Hi Carsten,

I'm looking forward to a feature-quiet period of stabilization.  There
is one more large Babel change before 7.0, namely the integration of the
safety measures currently living in the "safety-babel" branch [1].  I
think that it would be best if these are merged into Org-mode at the
start of this feature freeze so that they can be tested during this
period.  Please let me know if this sounds good to you, and if so I will
send out one last email alerting Babel users to the requirement for a
configuration change [2], and then merge in these two new commits.

Thanks -- Eric

Footnotes:
[1]  http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode.git/shortlog/refs/heads/safety-babel

[2]  I do apologize for the number of configuration breaking changes
     that have been made to Babel recently.  I know the pain of starting
     up Emacs, running into an unexpected failure, and then having to
     make time to trouble-shoot before you can actually get any work
     done.

     Once this merge is over I see many months of smooth Babel sailing
     on the horizon.