[Orgmode] Re: [BABEL] literate Lisp games development questions

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [BABEL] literate Lisp games development questions
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 18:33:47 -0400

<...>

Hi David,

That sounds fun, and I look forward to looking at it, when I have more
time for fun.

>  1. the html output fontification of source blocks is nice. the pop-out
> editing of the blocks is nice too. However, can I get the syntax
> highlighting to show up INLINE in the begin-src block?

I believe the consensus on this list is still that the existing projects
in that direction don't currently work well for doing this.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MuMaMo

I had a probably terrible idea that one could fake something a bit like
this by removing the mode lines between split windows. You could even
fake continuity of buffer locations... (Incidentally, I've been enjoying
recently using emacs full screen without the mode line (who needs it all
the time?); when I get a chance I want to write a minor mode that does
away with the mode line by default. Obviously no menu or scroll bars
either.)

> 2. has anyone been following efforts to prettify org-mode constructs? i
> would love to be able to replace certain things (like all the #+BEGIN_SRC
> lines) with something graphical, like a tiny icon with a horizontal rule.
> anyone done anything in this area?

Yes, I started doing this. Nicolas Girard did all the ground work in his
org-icons project. I started work on adding icons for src blocks in the
branch named "dan". I can confirm that ruby blocks look quite pretty
when #+begin_src ruby is replaced by an image of a ruby, although
unfortunately I still don't know any ruby.

http://github.com/ngirard/org-icons/tree/dan

I believe Nicolas would be happy to have other people help out with that
project. There were a few reorganizations we wanted to do to make it fit
better with Org.

Best wishes,

Dan