[Orgmode] capture template: %& and %!

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: [Orgmode] capture template: %& and %!
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 13:22:34 +0200

Hi,

I was just experimenting with the new capture interface and I *really*
like it :).

I see some problem with these escape sequences:

,----[ (info "(org)Template expansion") ]
|      %!          immediately store note after completing the template
|                  (skipping the `C-c C-c' that normally triggers storing)
|      %&          jump to target location immediately after storing note
`----

I can't get them to be recognized, they are inserted literally.

On a second look, I saw that %! is now implemented as a Property:

,----[ (info "(org)Template elements") ]
| PROPERTIES
[...]
|     `:immediate-finish'
|           When set, do not offer to edit the information, just file it
|           away immediately.  This makes sense if the template only needs
|           information that can be added automatically.
`----

So, my guess is that %! and %& are probably related to org-*remember*,
but not org-capture? If so, this could be made clearer in the docs, I
guess?

If this is not the case, I will go on and try to get it working.

Memnon