Re: [Orgmode] tabular logging of values in habits and other repeating ta

From: Michael Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] tabular logging of values in habits and other repeating tasks
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 11:31:59 -0700

On Jul 5,2010, at 2:01 AM, Darlan Cavalcante Moreira wrote:

> You can create a table in the task and possibly a template (with org
> capture) to easily add a new line to this table. Whenever you complete the
> task you add the information to the table and mark the task as DONE. An
> advantage of this is that you can use the org-babel powers to make whatever
> you want with the information.

Thank you, Darlan — that is more or less what I thought. But here's the thing
(which betrays by rather shallow understanding of org-mode at this point):  I
know how to create such a table. But what I don't know is how to get the prompt
to enter a new row. The notes function for tasks that are marked done don't
navigate you to a previously defined block of text, if I'm not mistaken. So,
there would be a lot of hand-navigation to make each entry. Perhaps Im
misunderstanding something, but I am seeking the ease of use of the notes
prompt, but with each new entry being not a separate note, but a row in that
table. Thoughts?

— Michael