Re: [Orgmode] Re: Columns with LaTeX beamer export

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Columns with LaTeX beamer export
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 08:52:10 +0200

On Tuesday 06 July 2010 22:47:35 Eric S Fraga wrote:

Hi Eric,

> > --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> > * My 2 Column Frame
> >   :PROPERTIES:
> >   :BEAMER_env: columns
> >   :BEAMER_col: 0.5 0.5
> >   :END:
> >
> >   - left col text
> >   - more left col text
> >
> >   - right col text
> >   - more right col text
> > --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> I'm sorry Tassilo but I do not understand your point.  Lists are not
> part of an outline structure so there is only one outline component in
> this example.

Yes, that's exactly the point I don't understand in the paragraph

  "Columns *without* additional outline structure"

in the org-tutorials/org-beamer.org file in Worg.  This headline implies
(to me) that I can have a slide with many columns but no outline
structure, except the headline for the frame itself.

It states, that adding the :BEAMER_env: columns property to a slide
heading will open a new columns and a column environment, and the end of
the slide will close all open environments.  But it doesn't tell me how
to close a column and start a new one without adding additional outline
structure.

So that paragraph should be made a bit clearer and include an example.
Maybe you can only have a columns environment with only one single
column, if you don't add an extra outline structure?  Would that make
sense?  Or maybe the wording of the headline is only misleading, and the
author had another intention than what I am reading.  Well, I don't
know...

Bye,
Tassilo