Re: [Orgmode] Re: Columns with LaTeX beamer export

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Columns with LaTeX beamer export
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:56:49 +0200

On Jul 7, 2010, at 9:14 AM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

Hi Carsten,

the only way to understand this paragraph is historical.

I guessed it, thanks for making that clear.

In the early days of BEAMER export, Eric Fraga invented a way to make
columns using an additional level of outline structure, just for
making the columns.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/19895/focus=19895

Interesting.

This worked, but made it difficult to export this file in any other
way, because of the extra structure.  This was overcome with the
BEAMER_col property, and this is what this paragraph and the phrase
"without additional structure" is referring to.

Ah, ok.  So now you don't need an extra outline structure for making a
*columns* environment, but you still need it for ending the last
*column* and starting a new one.

I've though I could go without the latter, too. That would be good for
documents you export as presentation but also as article handout.

The "tutorial" I wrote on worg is out of date and bad, maybe we should
remove it?  Does someone (Eric Fraga?) have time to check if there is
anything interesting in there that is is still true and not covered by
the manual or by Eric's tutorial?  If not, we should remove this
outdated document.

I think every property is explained in the info docs, and Eric's
tutorial shows some nice and well explained examples, so the
org-beamer.org file could be deleted.

If you want, please go ahead and make these changes. The link in Erics tutorial should then point to the manual section, not the preliminary documentation.

And on the tutorials pager, the link to the preliminary documentation can be deleted.

If it adds something, maybe we can move that information?

It adds confusion, so we should move that to the texinfo docs!?! ;-)

But move what?  I don't think my worg page still adds anything.

- Carsten