Re: [Orgmode] Google calendar to org mode script and a feature request f

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Google calendar to org mode script and a feature request for agenda
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 23:17:29 +0100

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 17:38:45 -0300, Daniel Martins <address@hidden> wrote:

> Eric,
>
> Your awk seems to get timed appts in GMT
>
> How can I adapt it to GMT-3
>
> Daniel

Daniel,

yes, thanks for pointing this out. The script indeed does not
translate the times to the local time zone.  Google outputs (in the
basic.ics file) times in GMT.  However, it also includes the time zone
information but my awk script ignores that information.  The script
also ignores the end time for timed events.

Obviously time for a v2 of this script!

let me have a think about this and I'll see if I can do something a
bit more intelligent (at least for Linux systems where possibly
compatible time zone information can be found in /usr/share/zoninfo/*)
and fix up the end times as well.

--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D