Re: [Orgmode] org-babel-tangle-lang-exts must be initialized? how to get

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-babel-tangle-lang-exts must be initialized? how to get syntax coloring?
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:29:01 -0700

Hi Nicholas,

I'm happy that you're enjoying Org-mode.

Nicholas Putnam <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm new to, but loving playing with org-mode.  Thanks for this excellent
> code!
>
> I followed the directions for checking out the latest version with git, so
> have been trying to catch up to the new configuration for babel, at the same
> time that I'm learning the ropes of org-mode.
>
> I am finding that babel will not work unless org-babel-tangle-lang-exts is
> set -- else I get the following error:
>
> "Symbol's value as variable is void: org-babel-tangle-lang-exts"
>
> Adding "(setq org-babel-tangle-lang-exts '("fortran" . "f"))" to my
> .emacs file (even though I'm not using fortran for anything) fixes
> this problem.

I'm having trouble reproducing this problem.  As far as I can tell
`org-babel-tangle-lang-exts' is only called from language specific files
which should be required after that variable has been defined.

Is it possible that your configuration is loading language-specific
files or touching org-babel-load-languages before you are calling
(require 'org-install)?

> Also, I'm trying to get syntax highlighting of source code elements in
> HTML export.  Export looks great, but the code snippets are being
> exported inside <pre class="example"> tags, without any other markup.

Is the `org-export-htmlize' set to a non-nil value on your system?  If
so then that could be the cause of the problem.  If it is set to a
truthy value, and htmlize-region is defined in your Emacs, then I'm not
sure what the problem could be.

Best -- Eric