Re: [Orgmode] [babel] feature request - tangle-and-evaluate-tangled-file

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] feature request - tangle-and-evaluate-tangled-file
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 08:44:44 -0700

Hi Rainer,

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 9:03 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
>> (add-hook 'org-babel-post-tangle-hook
>>          (lambda () (ess-load-file (buffer-file-name))))
>>

> Unfortunately, this does not work. I put the code above into my
> emacs.organd nothing happens - not even an error message. I tried to
> use the C-h v to customise the variable, but I don't manage it.

If the variable isn't registered with C-h v, then it sounds like maybe
you need to update Org-mode, and/or re-run make clean && make.

> In addition, The filename for es-load-file shoud not be the buffer
> name, but the buffer name with the extension replaced with R.

`buffer-file-name', returns the name of the file that the buffer is
visiting, so wouldn't this already be the case if the filename ends with
.R?

This minimal example with the hook defined as above works for me.  After
tangling I can jump to the *R* buffer where both x and y are defined.

** tangle R and load
   :PROPERTIES:
   :tangle:   to-load.r
   :END:

#+begin_src R :comments yes
  x <- 8
#+end_src

#+begin_src R
  y <- 9
#+end_src

> I am sorry about all these questions, but emacs-lisp I have never used
> emacs-lisp (I should - and I will!)

No problem at all, but be careful about learning too much lisp as you
may begin to grow dissatisfied with R :)

Best -- Eric