[Orgmode] Bib system based on org-mode

From: Qiang Guo
Subject: [Orgmode] Bib system based on org-mode
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 23:44:48 -0600

Hi, Community

org-mode is a great tool to record and recognize
things. Has anybody ever thought of using it as a
bibliographical system as Endnote, and etc ?

Right now, I am trying to organize my reference records in
org-mode. This is handy because org-mode has some nice
features such as :PROPERTY:, tags, ... For example, an entry
could be like this
/--------------------------------------/
* Spectrum Sensing based on ....
  :PROPERTIES:
  :author: XXX and XXX
  :journal: Trans on Wireless Comm
  :month: june
  :END:
  ** Notes
     Some notes can be put here.

/--------------------------------------/

Of course, the record can be imported from any structured
bib file such as bibtex files, endnote files by implementing
some lisp code.

Are there some other ways of using org-mode to organize
paper records I don't know about ? Or are there any people
interested in writing a extension or something to org-mode ?
I am a elisp newbie, but I can of course join in such a
project if there are such one.

Cheers~

Qiang