Re: [Orgmode] Help installing org-mode on a MAC please?

From: Juan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Help installing org-mode on a MAC please?
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:30:08 -0300

Hi Erwin,

I'm using Mac also (not Aquamacs emacs, but EmacsForMacOSX instead).

XEmacs is a completely different branch of Emacs, which I don't think
is available for OSX.

Then there is the text-mode emacs you run from the terminal.

And then there is the emacs you installed (Aquamacs), which runs on
its own graphics window (outside Terminal.app).

So don't confuse those 3 emacs versions.

You only need to install LaTeX if you want to build the documentation
(make doc). This is not strictly necessary.

Also, I have to modify the Makefile from org-mode to fit my emacs
installation. Aquamacs emacs should be similar, just check the exact
location of the Emacs application and change accordingly.

This is how my org-mode Makefile looks:

8<------------------------------------------------------------
   ##----------------------------------------------------------------------
   ##  YOU MUST EDIT THE FOLLOWING LINES
   ##----------------------------------------------------------------------

   # Name of your emacs binary
   EMACS=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs

   # Where local software is found
   prefix=/Applications/Emacs.app

   # Where local lisp files go.
   lispdir = $(prefix)/Contents/Resources/lisp/org

   # Where info files go.
   infodir = $(prefix)/Contents/Resources/info

The rest of the Makefile you leave as is.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
.j.