[Orgmode] Re: [BABEL] tangling with leaving non-source code lines as emp

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [BABEL] tangling with leaving non-source code lines as empty lines?
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:46:01 -0700

Hi Rainer,

With the tangling comments generated by the latest Org-mode, the
following function should be able to jump from any code in a tangled
code file back to the relevant block in the original Org-mode file.

(defun org-babel-tangle-jump-to-org ()
  "Jump from a tangled code file to the related Org-mode file."
  (interactive)
  (let ((mid (point))
        target-buffer target-char
        start end link path block-name)
    (save-window-excursion
      (save-excursion
        (unless (and (re-search-backward org-bracket-link-analytic-regexp nil t)
                     (setq start (point))
                     (setq link (match-string 0))
                     (setq path (match-string 3))
                     (setq block-name (match-string 5))
                     (re-search-forward (concat " " (regexp-quote block-name)
                                                " ends here[\n\r]") nil t)
                     (setq end (point))
                     (< start mid) (< mid end))
          (error "not in tangled code")))
      (when (string-match "::" path)
        (setq path (substring path 0 (match-beginning 0))))
      (find-file path) (setq target-buffer (current-buffer))
      (goto-char start) (org-open-link-from-string link)
      (if (string-match "[^ \t\n\r]:\\([[:digit:]]+\\)" block-name)
          (org-babel-next-src-block
           (string-to-int (match-string 1 block-name)))
        (org-babel-goto-named-src-block block-name))
      (setq target-char (point)))
    (pop-to-buffer target-buffer)
    (goto-char target-char)))

This is too large of a block of untested code to push into Org-mode now,
however please give it a try, and let me know if you think this could be
generally useful.  Hopefully after the feature-freeze we can fold
something like this into Babel to ease navigation between Org files and
their tangled offspring.

Cheers -- Eric