[Orgmode] Re: [babel] apply #+TABLEFM lines during export?

From: Austin Frank
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] apply #+TABLEFM lines during export?
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 22:59:42 -0500

On Sun, Jul 11 2010, Eric Schulte wrote:

> Under the current setup, I don't know of a way to ensure that the
> formula will be re-run.  This may be a good place for future
> (post-feature-freeze) functionality.  There has also been discussion
> of adding a header argument for "post-processing" code blocks which
> could accept the output of the evaluated code block as input -- this
> might be related.

Yes, eager to see where this goes.

> As a work-around, I would suggest the following emacs-lisp code block.
> Export of this code block will trigger the evaluation of the R code
> block, and it will then trim the output of said block resulting in the
> desired table precision.
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var tab=anova-example :colnames yes :cache yes
>   (mapcar
>    (lambda (row)
>      (mapcar
>       (lambda (cell) (if (numberp cell) (format "%.4f" cell) cell))
>       row))
>    tab)
> #+end_src

I tried to customize your approach to apply to the whole buffer.  This
code seems to do a nice job of changing the appearance of the tables
within the buffer, but the extra precision is still maintained on
export.

#+source:  format-table-floats
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results silent :exports none
(add-hook 'org-export-preprocess-final-hook
          (lambda ()
            (while (re-search-forward
                    "|?[ ]+\\(-?[0-9]+\\.[0-9]+\\)\\(e-\\)?[ ]+|"
                    nil t)
              (progn
                (replace-match (concat
                                (format "%.4f"
                                        (string-to-number (match-string 1)))
                                " |"))
                (org-table-align)))))
#+END_SRC

Can anyone suggest another approach that would change the precision of
floats in all tables in the buffer before export?  Perhaps there's a
different hook I should be using for LaTeX export?

Thanks!
/au

--
Austin Frank