Re: [Orgmode] Integrate APPTs with OSX

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Integrate APPTs with OSX
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:20:12 -0400

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there a way to integrate org-mode APPT's (emacs APPT system) to
> show the reminders using growl or another OSX-like GUI feature? Has
> anyone ever done it before?

If you can get to the feature through the command line, it should be
easy. Look in the FAQ, section "Appointments/Diary", title "How can I
set up automatic reminders based on Org information?" for a pointer to
an old post of mine that uses a simple python script for the GUI features.
There have been similar solutions proposed using zenity and some other more
mainstream things, including one using the Gnome OSD facility (I forget what
it's called). They are all essentially the same, so it should be easy
to adapt them to your purposes. Russell Adams pulled a lot of this information
together into a post:

         http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/5664/focus=5806

and the whole thread might be useful.

HTH,