Re: [Orgmode] Integrate APPTs with OSX

From: Greg Newman
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Integrate APPTs with OSX
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:57:07 -0400

I installed Todochiku and use the following to have it use Growl for notifications

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
;; use todochiku for growl notifications of events
(setq org-show-notification-handler
  '(lambda (notification)
    (todochiku-message "org-mode notification" notification
      (todochiku-icon 'emacs))))
#+end_src

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Juan <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:41:58AM -0500, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:
> Is there a way to integrate org-mode APPT's (emacs APPT system) to
> show the reminders using growl or another OSX-like GUI feature? Has
> anyone ever done it before?

There is this post for using gnome zenity for APPT:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.php#sec-3

Then there is growlnotify shell command for calling Growl, and there
is an elisp wrapper if you feel like it (google for something like
growl.el or growlnotify.el).

Replace the zenity part in the first link for growl and it should be
mostly done.

Saludos,
.j.