Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-mobile produces errors in normal org functions

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-mobile produces errors in normal org functions
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:27:27 +0200

On Jul 13, 2010, at 11:05 PM, Shelagh Manton wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 20:45:29 +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Jul 13, 2010, at 7:41 PM, Sven Bretfeld wrote:

Hi Carsten

does it help to remove ~/.emacs.d/.org-id-locations ?

Yes, that did it. Thank you very much, you made me happy. I have
already
tried to remove .emacs.d before, but with a running Emacs, what didn't
work. I didn't know that .emacs.d contains any dot-files at all.

That may be my mistake - maybe it would be better to make this a non-
dot file.
This used to be a dot file in HOME, then I moved it into .emacs.d, but
kept
it a dot file.

Does anyone here know if there are rules for .emacs.d ???

Greetings

- Carsten

Not a rule, but a convention, that what is a dot-file in $HOME is just a normal file in .emacs.d. Because of course the idea is just to hide the
file, but it is already hidden inside a hidden directory.

This sounds like a good convention, but I hesitate to adopt it because changing
the file name might break something...

I need to think about this one more carefully.

- Carsten