[Orgmode] Re: Inline image display and Emacs 22

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Inline image display and Emacs 22
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 21:24:34 -0400

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> I'm seriously considering ditching my Emacs 22 in favour of Emacs 23
> from a git snapshot.  I'm running an older version of Emacs from a
> stable debian system as my workstation setup -- I've been too lazy to
> upgrade so far but there are now a few nagging issues with org-mode that
> are just starting to bug me enough to make this move.
>
>   1. Inline image display doesn't seem to work correctly in Emacs22
>      The images are displayed but they all overlap each other in the
>      top-left corner of the document.  In the case of my org-mode
>      document at http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html I only see the
>      largest image in Emacs since the others are hidden behind it (I
>      guess).  I really miss this feature in Emacs 22.
>
>   2. Moving from agenda buffers to org buffers goes to the wrong place.
>      This happens very frequently for me in Emacs 22.  I've never seen
>      this problem in Emacs 23.  I've lived with this for a long time
>      and just redoing the command goes to the right place.  I'm not
>      expecting this to ever get fixed since I think it's an Emacs 22
>      issue and not worth pursuing.
>
>   3. C-l handling is much nicer in Emacs 23 (okay this has nothing to do
>      with org-mode :)  Can I emulate that behaviour in Emacs 22 somehow?
>
>   4. Copying subtrees with C-c C-x c loses fontification in the copies.
>      I don't know if this happens in Emacs 23.

    5. org-reveal (C-c C-r) works slightly differently in Emacs 22 and
       23.  I actually prefer the Emacs 22 version.

       If I am in a folded buffer and C-c C-r on a headline the
       following task is /not/ revealed in Emacs 23 but it is in
       Emacs 22.  My workaround for this is to move to the next line and
       then do C-c C-r in Emacs 23 to get the desired behaviour, and
       then return to the headline.

-Bernt