[Orgmode] Re: Org-mode todo and Lotus Notes ToDo

From: Stoph Long
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode todo and Lotus Notes ToDo
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 19:22:43 +0000 (UTC)

John Hendy <jw.hendy <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I've been searching all kinds of things... converting todos, importing todos,
syncing todos, etc. in an effort to scrape up something of use to this idea,
but
haven't really found anything. Probably stupid, but one interesting program (I
actually ran into this a ways back) is GCalDaemon which can do all kinds of
things. Here's a post on converting a feed into a calendar entry in Mozilla
Sunbird: http://gcaldaemon.sourceforge.net/usage3.htmlAgain, probably not
really
applicable, but interesting nonetheless.The only thing I can think of is
creating
a somewhat hackish system of titling the items in org to be exported to Atom
something like 'TODO: blah blah' so they show up in the Notes feed with that
title. Then in Notes, pop open the feed reader and go from there? It would be
more
of a reminder system, but then one would need to remember to mark things as
done
once back in org, and remove it from the publishing list once it was done?Not
sure
where to go... quite the interesting idea, though. My company blocks POP and
IMAP
so I can't get at personal email or calendar from google via Notes. I say this
because the feeds, however, do still work so it's pretty cool that this feature
could be a universally accessible method.John

>From what I've been able to gather, calling an external program from emacs
via a command line interface might be the most fluid way to synchronize with
Lotus Notes.  From what I've been able to find, Jython and notes.jar might be
the best option for non-windows folks.  Python on windows using the Lotus
Notes com  interface is also an option.

Details are here:
http://www.dominopower.com/issues/issue200008/command002

Stoph