Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode release 7.01

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode release 7.01
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:52:01 -0700

Hi Eric,

Its great to hear that you're hoping to contribute new language support.
I've just written some instructions for adding new languages to Babel,
they should propagate to Worg [1] within the next hour or so.  The most
important part of these new instructions is an updated ob-template.el
which is available in the Worg repo [2].

Let me know if/how this new documentation should be improved, or if you
run into any issues along the way.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! -- Eric

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Carsten,
>
> as always, thanks for an incredible job!
>
> The announcement of this new release has motivated me to back up to
> speed with org-babel and the changes that have been done to simplify
> it.  I had previously written interfaces for jython, ledger and
> maxima.  These have not worked since the simplification work on
> org-babel started and I haven't had the time to do anything about it.
> I would now like to get these working again and hopefully contribute
> them to org.
>
> However, there does not appear to be any documentation on writing
> support for new languages.  Before I delve into existing codes (which
> is what I did last time), I just want to confirm that this is indeed
> the case?
>
> Thanks again,
> eric

Footnotes: