Re: [Orgmode] export to latex book ?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] export to latex book ?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:50:58 -0500

Hi,

Just a few thoughts/questions/suggestions:
- is this your first time exporting org to LaTeX?
- If so, have you verified your LaTeX installation before?
--- If not, go here: http://www.electronics.oulu.fi/latex/examples/example_1/index.html
--- Copy and paste the example document into a text editor and save it as test.tex
--- From the command line, run 'pdflatex test.tex' from within the file's directory and report back with the results
--- If successful, change \documentclass{article} to \documentclass{book} and see what happens

- also, check some things with your path
--- do you have book.cls and book.sty in /usr/[local]/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/ (maybe elsewhere if on Win/Mac)?
--- what is the output of 'which pdflatex' from the command line?
--- what is the output of 'tex --version' from the command line?

- For reference, see the attached files which worked for me
--- from bookTest.org I can do 'C-c C-e p' and obtain the attached pdf.
--- I can also generate a pdf of latexTest.tex (also attached) with 'pdflatex latexTest.tex' from the command line

Post back with your findings on this and someone should be able to help you out. I just upgraded from 6.35 -> 7.01 last night and nothing has changed for me. I'm thinking this has to do with your LaTeX install but could very possibly be wrong...

John