Re: [Orgmode] Re: links and ID properties

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: links and ID properties
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:39:46 +0200

On Jul 21, 2010, at 5:55 PM, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

On Jul 14, 2010, at 7:50 PM, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

In addition to using org-mode for scheduling and email integration and all that, I've had great success setting up a translation environment I'm finally pleased with. I keep vocabulary items in a separate file,
and then create links from vocabulary items into the actual text I'm
translating.

I've switched computers recently and in the process something has gone
wrong with the vocab links. So far as I know, org-link-to-org-use-id
has
always had its default value of create-if-interactive-and-no-custom-
id,
but now calling org-store-link no longer creates an ID property on the
target headline (there's no custom id).

It does for me.

[...]

First of all, I suspect that maybe you are not running the version of
Org-mode you think you are.
What does M-x org-version return?

Second, you can try to recreate the file that links IDs to files.
Just load
all the relevant Org files into Emacs and then run

M-x org-id-update-id-locations RET

After tracking down that command, It seems the only problem is that I
didn't have org-id in org-modules. I don't think I've ever had it in
there (did it use to get loaded by default?), but adding it solved my
problems.

I have just added and autoload for org-id-store-link. I guess if you use

(setq org-link-to-org-use-id 'create-if-interactive-and-no-custom- id)

(which is the default), then org-id should be autoloaded.

- Carsten