[Orgmode] [babel] Re: org-babel and OCaml - help?

From: Erik L. Arneson
Subject: [Orgmode] [babel] Re: org-babel and OCaml - help?
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:56:14 -0700

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:
> address@hidden (Erik L. Arneson) writes:
>> Great, I will start hacking away at it.  What's the process I need to go
>> through to sign FSF papers?
>
> See http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.php#sec-2 for information on
> FSF copyright assignment.

I've submitted the paperwork, so now I'm just waiting to hear back from
them.  I'm still curious, though, as to how much you'd like me to change the
back-end behavior (i.e. the generated OCaml code and the way return
values are read) before checking with the community for their thoughts
and such.

The first table I tried to test on looked something like this:

#+tblname: test
| John | 5 | 1.02 |
| Mary | 6 | 9.00 |
| Bob  | 7 | 0.50 |

With the patch you recently submitted, this makes an invalid array of
arrays in OCaml, so that's why I was thinking it should generate an
array of tuples instead, so the output might look like this:

let test =
  [| ("John", 5, 1.02);
     ("Mary", 6, 9.00);
     ("Bob", 7, 0.50) |]

It doesn't seem like many people are using ob-ocaml.el yet, so I can
probably just make that change, document it, and then hope for the best,
right?

--
Erik Arneson <address@hidden>
  GPG Key ID: 1024D/62DA1D25