Re: [Orgmode] Re: skip entry with inherited tags

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: skip entry with inherited tags
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:38:46 +0200

Hi Martin,

On Jul 21, 2010, at 4:32 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

Hi Martin,

I just looked at your patch.

If I have a normal agenda (i.e. *not* a block agenda), then your
patch will cause the preset filter *not* to be applied.

OK, that was obviously incorrect, sorry about that.

However, it still does not work correctly, here is the counter example:

* TODO test 1                                                             :a:
* TODO test 2                                                             :b:

* at 1                                                                    :a:
  SCHEDULED: <2010-07-22 Thu>
* at 1                                                                    :b:
  SCHEDULED: <2010-07-22 Thu>

With this custom command:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("x" "testmartin"
         ((agenda "" ((org-agenda-filter-preset '("+a"))))
          (alltodo "" ((org-agenda-filter-preset '("+b")))))
         nil nil)))

the result is incorrect, both with and without your patch.

The internal logic of the filter and the preset filter is such that
it applies to the entire view, and you should not set in the local
options for a command that is part of a block agenda view.

I have now documented this limitation.

Sorry that this took so long - thank you for your patience.

Best wishes

- Carsten

- Carsten