Re: [Orgmode] .ics export w/Alarms. Possible?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] .ics export w/Alarms. Possible?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:14:45 +0100

On 22 Jul 2010 01:38:47 +0200, "Sven Bretfeld" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > unfortunately, I really have no idea what is going on here.  I'm not
> > really that conversant with the full iCalendar specifications although
> > I have read the relevant parts of the specification [1] and I think
> > I've got things right.
>
> I have experimented a little longer. Explicitly setting the timezone in
> the org-export-icalender group to "Europe/Berlin" solves the issue. But
> it's strange that this is necessary in case of the git version, but not
> in the stable version of org. I, too, don't think that this is an Emacs
> issue. Something must confuse the import of ics files in Google when
> they become to complex. In an ics file with VALARM entries Google
> somehow doesn't recognize X-WR-TIMEZONE:CEST correctly.
>
> Thank you
>
> Sven

Excellent!  I can believe that changing the time zone specification
has helped as I know that I had real problems when I tried BST instead
of Europe/London.  However, why CEST should work when there are no
VALARM entries is a total mystery.  I do agree that it's likely that
Google's import facility is getting confused when the ICS files get
more complex...

Anyway, glad you have it working!
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D