[Orgmode] Re: Behavior of Gnus when called from an hyperlink

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Behavior of Gnus when called from an hyperlink
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 14:29:35 +0200

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>
writes:

> Even if feasable, doing your way seems to add a layer of complexity to
> the installation... Would you have config to share, would I go that
> way?

Sure, but be aware that I don't use that setup anymore.

Here's my .offlineimaprc.  It synched from 2 different accounts from two
different imap servers to one locally running dovecot server with 2
user accounts uni and fastmail.  Those are only plain dovecot users,
they don't require system users.

[general]
accounts = Fastmail, Uni
ui = Noninteractive.Basic
maxsyncaccounts = 2

[Account Fastmail]
localrepository = FastmailLocal
remoterepository = FastmailRemote

[Repository FastmailLocal]
type = IMAP
ssl = no
remotehost = localhost
remoteuser = fastmail
remotepass = topsecret123
maxconnections = 1

[Repository FastmailRemote]
type = IMAP
ssl =yes
remotehost = mail.messagingengine.com
remoteuser = XXXXX
remotepass = XXXXX
maxconnections = 1

[Account Uni]
localrepository = UniLocal
remoterepository = UniRemote

[Repository UniLocal]
type = IMAP
ssl = no
remotehost = localhost
remoteuser = uni
remotepass = 321topsecret
maxconnections = 1

[Repository UniRemote]
type = IMAP
ssl =yes
remotehost = mail.uni-koblenz.de
remoteuser = XXXX
remotepass = XXXX
maxconnections = 1
# Don't sync shared folders
folderfilter = lambda foldername: not re.search('(Other Users|Shared Folders)',
foldername)

Here's the /etc/dovecot/passwd defining the 2 dovecot users.

fastmail:{PLAIN}topsecret123
uni:{PLAIN}321topsecret

And here's the Dovecot config (/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf).  The config
option for the full text index is somehow lost, but you will find it on
dovecot's wiki.  It's a one-liner.

log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
ssl_cert_file = /etc/ssl/dovecot/server.pem
ssl_key_file = /etc/ssl/dovecot/server.key
mail_location = dbox:/var/spool/mail/%u
mail_process_size = 1024

protocol imap {
  listen = 127.0.0.1:143
  ssl_listen = 127.0.0.1:943
}

first_valid_uid = 1
auth default {
  mechanisms = plain
  passdb passwd-file {
    # File contains a list of usernames, one per line
    args = /etc/dovecot/passwd
  }
  userdb static {
    args = uid=mail gid=mail home=/var/spool/mail/%u
  }
}

HTH,
Tassilo