Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] List improvement v.2

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] List improvement v.2
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 18:17:59 +0200

Hello,

> 2) This is very minor, but could you rebase your branch against master?
>    That would make switching back and forth slightly easier.

I rebased against master and pushed to github.

> 3) Since I can't help but relate things to Babel... What do you think
>    about having list types recognized by Babel (as arrays).  This could
>    add nice flexibility to passing data back and forth between Babel and
>    the buffer, it could make it possible to do some fancy list stuff,
>    and if we add Hash-Maps or Dictionaries to Babel as first class
>    objects (which seems like a reasonable move at some point in the
>    nearish future) then they could integrate well with description
>    lists.

It's a good idea, and I think the job from org-list side is already
done, thanks to Bastien Guerry. You should have a look at
`org-list-parse-list' and `org-list-to-generic'. With both of them,
you can change a list back and forth to anything you'd like.

Regards,

-- Nicolas