Re: [Orgmode] row and col spaning in table?

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] row and col spaning in table?
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 09:22:19 +0200

David Hajage <address@hidden> writes:

> and I was wondering if row and col spaning was possible?
Currently not.
But, if this is your case, you should use the table.el package.

> If not, is there any plan to add this feature in a future release?
I don't think so. There's already the table.el package.
 Please see the manual (emphasis is mine)

(Packages that Org cooperates with):

`table.el' by Takaaki Ota
     Complex ASCII tables with automatic line wrapping, column- and
     row-spanning, and alignment can be created using the Emacs table
     package by Takaaki Ota (`http://sourceforge.net/projects/table',
     and also part of Emacs 22).

     *Org-mode will recognize these tables and export them properly.*

     Because of interference with other
     Org-mode functionality, you unfortunately cannot edit these tables
     directly in the buffer.  Instead, you need to use the command `C-c
     '' to edit them, similar to source code snippets.

    `C-c ''
          Edit a `table.el' table.  Works when the cursor is in a
          table.el table.

    `C-c ~'
          Insert a `table.el' table.  If there is already a table at
          point, this command converts it between the `table.el' format
          and the Org-mode format.  See the documentation string of the
          command `org-convert-table' for the restrictions under which
          this is possible.  `table.el' is part of Emacs since Emacs 22.

cheers,
Giovanni