Re: [Orgmode] Eliminate line breaks in html

From: Tim Burt
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Eliminate line breaks in html
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 06:30:10 -0400

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> I use org for exporting to html and then pasting into blogger
I use this process also for Blogger
> ... but every time I do I need to delete line breaks.
... but I do not need to delete line breaks.  See
http://naturallogofx.rketburt.org/2010/07/linebreaks-blogger-and-org-mode.html
for an article that describes what I do.  The fix for me was in the
Blogger settings, not anything in emacs.

> Is there a way to get org to just publish the blob without breaking
> lines every time?
I do not know how to prevent line breaks in the export, but nor have I
needed to do that.

> I'm guessing it has to do with my minor fill mode as the line breaks
> tend to be the same as they are in org.

> In typical export, everything is surrounded by <html> tags but in blogger on
> doesn't have these and thus line breaks are line breaks.
The article reference above indicates how to stop Blogger from
presenting an input linebreak (e.g. newline character) as an output
linebreak.

> I could resort to explicit html every time I post (requiring <br \>
> for every line break) but this would also require fixing all
> pre-existing posts which is pretty much not an option.
>
> Any idea what I could do?
Let me know if the article reference does not help solve the issue.

Tim