Re: Prompts again WAS Re: [Orgmode] avoiding source block prompts

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: Prompts again WAS Re: [Orgmode] avoiding source block prompts
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:03:02 -0600

Thanks Chuck,

I've just swapped in your new and improved regexp.

I share your concern both that there could be cases where prompts aren't
matched, or more seriously where the actual output looks like a prompt
(e.g. user returns a prompt-like string).

Before taking this explicit prompt removal approach I tried
automatically removing comment lines from the input before passing it to
the inferior R process, however that ran into similar problems of users
potentially inputting valid strings which look like comments -- which
would be hard to catch without implementing a fairly sophisticated R
parser as part of Babel.

This new regexp looks like the best option for now.

Thanks! -- Eric