Re: [Orgmode] No title or date in LaTeX export

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] No title or date in LaTeX export
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:02:25 -0400

Xin Shi <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Experts,
>
> When I export the org file to LaTeX, I want no title or date in the first
> page.  Namely, I want
> these lines to be commented out:
>
> %\title{XXXXXX}
> %\date{XXXXX}
> %\maketitle
>
> So far, I only found
>
> %\author{XXXX}
>
> I also tried :
>
> # Local Variables:
> # org-export-latex-title-command: " "
> # End:
>
> but still saw the \maketitle .
>
> Any suggestions?

Try

#+BIND: org-export-latex-title-command ""

at the top of your org file. This should eliminate the \maketitle
invocation. \title, \date etc will still be defined but since only
\maketitle uses them, they won't affect the output.

I presume you'll also want to nuke the table of contents. If so,
add

at the top of the org file as well.

HTH,
Nick