[Orgmode] Re: More problems with Mobile Org agenda writing

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: More problems with Mobile Org agenda writing
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:45:18 -0500

On 7/29/10 Jul 29 -9:18 AM, Robert Goldman wrote:
> I posted an email yesterday about a problem I was having writing agendas
> for MobileOrg, where org-mode seemed to think it should be writing my
> agendas as postscript.
>
> I thought perhaps this was a problem with the old version of Aquamacs
> that I have been using, so I finally got myself to upgrade to Aquamacs
> 2.0 (Emacs 23.2).
>
> Now I get a /different/ error, but it's still an error where org-mode
> seems to believe the agenda should be written as postscript.  I can't
> see why this should be happening.  Here's the backtrace:

I was discussing this with a colleague of mine, and he had a hypothesis
that might be correct.

The code in org-write-agenda looks like it has been rewritten to make
FLET be expanded at compile time, so it needn't be present at run-time.

However, I wonder if this was done properly, or whether the backquote
expansion is causing the /body/ of the flet to be evaluated at run-time
(instead of having it be macroexpanded once at compile time).

This would account for the symptoms I'm seeing:  I tried putting a DEBUG
statement before the call to ps-print-buffer-with-faces, and that debug
statement was never executed, further, when I examine the value of the
FILE local variable in the debugger, it clearly isn't a value that would
trigger a call to ps-print-buffer-with-faces.

I believe what's wanted here is macroexpansion and not evaluation, yes?

More as I discover more,