[Orgmode] Re: Refile target caching

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Refile target caching
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 19:49:44 -0700

Hi Carsten,

Thank you for thinking of our bugs.  This is superb.

I have used it for a while now.

It speeds things up enormously, making the difference between usability and not.

However, I have definitely had headlines get refiled to the wrong
place.  I am not able to track it down now, but I do have a
suggestion.

==> Would it be possible to print the actual target that the headline
got refiled to, instead of the name associated with the marker?  At
present, org says that it successfully refiled to the target headline
when it did not.

==> Alternatively, org could compare the actual headline it was
refiled to against the headline it was supposed to refile to.  Then
you'd get an error if they do not match.

As for the bugs, I cannot investigate further now.  Debugging is
difficult for me.

Perhaps more error checking as above will make the bug show up better.

Thanks.

Samuel

--
Q: How many CDC "scientists" does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: "You only think it's dark." [CDC has denied a deadly disease for 25 years]