Re: [Orgmode] How can I add a DONE tag to an org file?

From: Jan Böcker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How can I add a DONE tag to an org file?
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 11:59:00 +0200

On 08/02/2010 11:47 AM, Water Lin wrote:

> Here is my two questions:
>
> 1. I want to mark an org file as DONE, so I will let me know that the
> file is finished and doesn't need any change.
>
>    How can I add this similar tag to the file, or something else.

You can use file tags:
#+FILETAGS: :DONE:

Every headline in the file inherits the file tags. Note that this is
completely independent of TODO states.

> 2. If I want to add some notes about the usage of this org file. How can
> do it? I just want to remind me to limit the content to the topic.

Well, Org files are plain text, so just write it anywhere convenient. If
you do not want to see it normally, you might want to put it into a
drawer somewhere (also, IIRC drawers are not exported by default), e.g.

* some node
  :FILETOPIC:
  In this file, I want to keep track of sightings of purple elephants.
  Green elephants should be recorded somewhere else.
  :END:

Maybe a better question to ask would be where people who do something
similar write their notes, and if there are any specific reasons to
prefer one place to another?

HTH, Jan