Re: [Orgmode] text color + highlight

From: Vinh Nguyen
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] text color + highlight
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 09:47:03 -0700

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 2:18 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Vinh,
>
> Vinh Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I was wondering if there is an easy way to markup the color of the
>> text for html output (and highlight as well).  When I prepare meeting
>> minutes I'd like to color some things and highlight certain things.
>> Right now, I am using emphasizing a major portion of the text.  It
>> would be great to have colors and highlights to draw attention to
>> certain items.
>
> I don't understand your request: what portion of org-mode buffer do you
> want to highlight?  based on what criteria?

Apologies for the ambiguity.  In the org, we can use *text* and the
word "text" would be bold in the html output.  I was wondering if
there is a markup that would change the color, eg, \{red}[text], or
something of that sort.  I don't think it exists.  If I wanted to
implement this myself, what should I start with.  Ditto with
highlights (say, highlight text yellow).

Something more on org-mode's line would be like setting a variable
#+ color=red
and with some new symbols, say ^text^, the color of "text" would be
red in the html output.

Hope this clears things up.