Re: [Orgmode] Problem when exporting to PDF to a different directory

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Problem when exporting to PDF to a different directory
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 14:26:29 +0200

Manuel Amador wrote:
>Hi everybody,

>I am running into the following issue.

>I would like to export certain subtrees of an org file to a particular
>directory. I set the export property as follows:

>* Test 1
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: some_directory/some_name
>   :END:

>When I try exporting the above subtree as a pdf (say for example, by running
>C-c C-e 1 d), the .tex file is created in the appropriate target directory, but
>the .pdf file is created in the current directory (while emacs mistakenly
>reports that the pdf was not created). Is there a way to get this to work
>correctly?

This is a glitch in Org mode and I'm on it to provide a patch.  The
problem is, that pdflatex creates the output file in current directory
unless we pass the -output-directory switch[1].

I think using this option is better than temporarily switching the
working directory.

HTH,
  -- David

[1] Which is available here with pdfTeX 3.1415926-1.40.10-2.2 (TeX
Live 2009/Debian
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
Jabber.... address@hidden