Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] Org-Drill: Interactive revision a la Anki/Mnemosyne

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] Org-Drill: Interactive revision a la Anki/Mnemosyne
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 09:30:08 +0200

Hi Paul,

should this become a contributed package?

- Carsten

On Aug 1, 2010, at 3:02 AM, Paul Sexton wrote:

Announcing the first release of "org-drill", a module which uses "org-learn" to present interactive "drill sessions" of marked material in org buffers and
files. Org-learn, which is found in org's "contrib" directory, is an
implementation of the spaced repetition algorithm from SuperMemo.

Repository:
http://bitbucket.org/eeeickythump/org-drill

See the preamble in org-drill.el, and the accompanying file "spanish.org", for
documentation and examples.

I have tried to make it quite customisable. You can set variables to control number of items per session, and max session duration. You can also create custom "card types" and write elisp functions to control how the information in
those topics is displayed.

Note that org-learn currently considers items rated 4 or 5 (ie perfect or excellent recall) as NEVER needing to be revised. I think this is a misfeature of org-learn, and I hope it will eventually be fixed. For now, if you use org-drill and rate items as 4 or 5, org-drill will consider them as "new" each
time you rpeat the drill session, so they will always come up.

Paul