Re: [Orgmode] Re[2]: need detailed instructions for submitting the patch

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re[2]: need detailed instructions for submitting the patch
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:57:54 -0400

Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> > For example, I have a modified file org-whatever.el. What commands
> > must I run?
>
> Please follow the instructions on Worg and let us know what is not
> crystal-clear -- that will help improve the doc if necessary.

I think Dmitry is asking for the git commands and I'm not sure those
are described anywhere on Worg.

Something like this perhaps:

         # create a topic branch to deal with a specific topic: use
         # a descriptive name!
         git checkout -b topic-branch-foo master
         <make changes specific to topic>
         git commit -a
         git format-patch
         <send out patch in email to appropriate mailing list>

Then when the patch hits mainline (or it is irrevocably rejected), get
rid of the branch:

         git branch -D topic-branch

Nick