[Orgmode] Re: Agenda view > Face for deadlines > PATCH

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Agenda view > Face for deadlines > PATCH
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 10:34:30 +0200

Hi all,

Sébastien Vauban wrote:
> Carsten Dominik wrote:

Still trying to solve this, now that I have learned a bit more (but, still
only a bit...) on debugging Lisp code.

I've (on purpose) "forgotten" all I did and found in the past (june-july), to
start again from scratch, and be sure I identify the right defuns to work on.

So, to resume, my *goal* is to try applying a face with white background (in
my case) on the first 2 characters of every TODO line appearing in the agenda.

But, question: *which defun* does do that?  How to find that information?  I
instrumented the org packages with ELP, and got many function calls. I
searched for functions that were called at least as many times as the number
of lines I have in my weekly agenda.

(is there a better way to _trace_ function calls, and see a call tree?  `M-x
trace', mabye, but it did not help me a lot so far -- maybe lacking
experience)

By stepping through some functions, I've understood that the functions that
interest me are the following:

org-agenda-list
   -> org-finalize-agenda-entries
       -> *org-agenda-highlight-todo*

Though, what I really don't understand is that I `C-u C-M-x' the function
=org-agenda-highlight-todo=, and then call =org-agenda-list=, expecting to
trace the function that *highlights every TODO line* of my agenda.

And... no, *edebug is not launched*!?  I really don't understand that...

On the contrary, executing `C-c a s' does stop me in that function. So, the
function has *well been instrumented*.

Any idea about which wrong direction I'm taking?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban